Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Panagbenga 2008 (Day 1)

It was my first time to see Baguio's famous flower festival known as the Panagbenga. I went there together with my family and a few of my office friends, Master Aaron, Master Randy, and our photography guru, Master Drin. **bow**

We went there last Feb. 22 to 24 and I was really excited because it was also my first to go to an event with a photographer's pass. Thanks to Aaron who was able to get us our photographer IDs for the said event. We left Manila at around 5:30AM and we arrived around 12PM. We would have gotten there earlier had it not been for a couple of stop overs.Ü We wasted little time when we got to Baguio because after resting for about two hours Randy, Aaron and I went to Baguio Cathedral to begin our photo op in Baguio. I remembered a funny moment we had while we were there. All three of us were using our wide lenses and after several photos outside the cathedral, we then switched to our zoom lenses. By the time all three of us were ready to shoot, I noticed that we were taking a picture of the same subject with just different angles!Ü I guess noobs think alike, right Master Drin? hehe

IMG_3395
IMG_3398

IMG_1290
Stained glass inside Baguio Cathedral

IMG_1303

We then decided to go to SM Baguio to take some Baguio scenery shots. Along our walk to SM Baguio we noticed a cute and "funny" Jollibee balloon sitting on top of the police station. I quoted the word funny because there was something wrong with the balloon. If you are a little imaginative in a naughty sort of way, you will easily notice what I am talking about. I apologize in advance if you find the succeeding pictures a bit offensive or if you find my interpretation of the balloon offensive.

IMG_1304
Notice anything "funny"?

IMG_1307
How about now?

When we got there it was already late in the afternoon, we took advantage and took several sunset shots.

IMG_1313
Sunflower (while walking towards SM Baguio)

IMG_1318
View from SM Baguio

IMG_3404
IMG_3412
Sunset shots at SM Baguio

We then walked down Session Road heading towards Abanao Sqaure for the Abanao Nights. We were hoping we would see Sugarfree, Mojofly and Tropical Depression perform that night but their program for that day was the Globe Kantabataan Competition for the band who will the front act for the Itchyworms who played in SM Baguio the following night. I think Tropical Depression took to the stage in Abanao Square past 11PM. We could no longer wait for them to play because we were so freezing cold and we didn't bring any jacket!

IMG_1327IMG_3428
The hosts of the Feb 22 Abanao Night

IMG_1324
IMG_3438
IMG_3466
Globe Kantabataan moments

IMG_3512
Too noisy or just too loud?

IMG_3470
Walang katulad

That's it for now. I'll post the rest of our adventure hopefully soon. I need to get some rest since I still have work tonight.Ü

No comments: