Monday, February 18, 2008

Manikako, Future Ko!

After a couple of weekends of being stuck at home due to sickness, Karen and I were able to go malling! Together with my family, we went to The Podium in Ortigas. Karen hasn't been to Podium so I wanted her to have a look around inside. While we were checking out the shops and doing some window shopping, we didn't know that there wasa fund raising activity being held there. It was Manikako, Future Ko! A Fund Raising Doll Affair. It was a fund raiser to give free art workshops to poor kids. I was not able to ask much because there were a lot of people looking at their exhibit that they were very busy. I was only able to get a photo of the people working at the event. However, here's what I got from their blog site, Manikako.

"Manikako is the launch event of ArtHoc or House of Comfort Art Network, a non profit organization that hosts free art workshops to children."

The dolls are what you can call simple rag dolls. However, the beauty of these dolls comes from heart as the dolls being displayed were designed/dressed by some of our National artists such as Napoleon Abueva, Anita Magsaysay-Ho, and other Filipino artists. The basic dolls are for sale for Php250 and either you or their designer can design the doll for you. The event runs from February 16 to 23, 2008. Several were on display and what was supposed to be a simple malling turned out to be a mini photo op for me. You can check out there website at www.manikako.com/.

IMG_11070
The staff of Manikako, Future Ko!

IMG_11068
Maria Clarang Jeprox

IMG_11052
Fairy Dollmother

IMG_11058
A doll for photographers/paparazzi

After doing a little more walking around The Podium, I saw a shoe that I really liked in Adidas.


Adidas Originals Porsche Design CMF 3 Lea

I really wanted to buy the shoe, if it wasn't for the price! The shoe costs roughly around Php5000++. I couldn't remember the exact price. I had to control myself and push it down my wishlist for the time being. I still have other things that would need my resources and I believe this wonderful shoe can wait. At least until it goes on sale. **big grin**

No comments: