Monday, March 19, 2007

A Special Day

Yesterday was a special day for two people. Dave and Anne's baby, Via, was baptized at the St. Peregrine Church at Tunasan, Muntinlupa. Also, March 18 is Karen's birthday! I really did not have much money to spend this weekend because of several obligations that I need to take care of. The most that I could muster was to treat her out to lunch at North Park. I had several other ideas to celebrate her birthday but alas, they did not really go as planned. The day before her birthday after picking her up from Las Piñas, we went to the Salcedo weekend market and bought her a mango cake. I also ordered turtle mud pie and a mud pie. I think, they got confused with the cakes I ordered and they were not able to include the mango cake that Karen wanted. Malas di ba?!? After lunch, we went to the All Flip-Flops shop near Serendra. I wanted to buy Karen a pair of Havaianas. I know she loves those Cartunistas but I thought she might want another pair so I had her choose what she wanted. Guess what? The only size that they have available for her were the Brazilian Flag, the plain white one and the Green Camo. I personally did not really like those designs. We asked the attendant there and he said that the others would be available by the last week of March. After hearing the bad news we decided to go home and just rest for the day. It was also very hot last Saturday and Karen was really having trouble coping with the heat. I felt bad with all the plans I had not going well.

To make matters worse, I did not feel well probably due to the scorching heat and quick changing wheather last Sunday before going to baby Via's baptism. I was hoping to also use Via's baptism as a way to get a little get-together for the Tropatups and greet Karen on her birthday. With luck, bad luck that is, Selle, Resty, Kathy and Barry were not able to make it. I have to admit that I was a bit hurt when Selle texted that she could not make it because she was not only going to Via's baptism as a Ninang, she was also going to see Karen on her birthday. Nakakatampo lang... I've been stood up twice now, at least to my recollection. I guess I just expected her to come thinking that we already agreed the night before.

I just made the best out of the day and made Via's Christening a memorable one by taking pictures of an important event in her young life. I wanted to take more pictures but I was really having a hard time breathing not to mention the people who kept on getting in the way of my shot. I think the priest was also a bit camera shy covering some of my shots. It was also the first baptism I attended that the priest lectured about the importance of baptism and what it was really about. It was very enlightening. Dave's camera was also not cooperating with them because of its battery.

Welcome to the Christian World Via! May the Lord keep you and all the people around you blessed with the love of God.


Strike a Pose Via!Ü


Pose like your in a call!Ü


The Ninongs and Ninangs


Via and Mommy with the Ninangs


Via and Daddy with the Ninongs


The birthday girl!Ü Happy Birthday LOVE! MWAH!Ü

2 comments:

selle said...

I hate myself for missing this. I hate myself even more for missing kharen's birthday. I didnt mean this, I swear. Kaya di kita msydo kinakausap kanina kasi alam ko na...I'm sorry. It was just a bad day for me.

Pacs Pacunayen said...

I've said what I wanted to say just to let a little steam out. That's all. This too, shall pass.Ü