Sunday, October 12, 2008

Caliraya Planning Session

I have never been to Lake Caliraya Resort. My family and I were supposed to go there when I was still in high school on summer vacation but due to some mechanical problems we settled for Pansol, Laguna. When I learned that Site Makati was to hold its Q2 planning session there, I was excited! I've heard a lot of good things about the place. Besides the activities we could do, I was more interested on the possibility of another photo-op for me.

IMG_13088
(Incomplete) Makati Leaders. Taken during one of our breaks.

IMG_13099
Jun-Jun Livin' large!

IMG_13110
Multiple Choice: a) Stressed b) Insane c) All of the above

IMG_13157IMG_13161
Lew's Best Friend

IMG_13202
F-"I.T." Team Bataan

The place was so cool that I went back there after a few days. This time around the resort. I was with Karen, Photography Master Aaron Paggabao (a.k.a. PMAP) and Ultimate Master and Lord Drin Collantes (a.k.a. UMLDC). Our first stop, a water tower along the road to Lake Caliraya.

IMG_13244

IMG_13247

IMG_13259
The Road Trip (L-R): Karen, Pacs, PMAP and UMLDC

After satisfying the Master's photography cravings when then went to the Japanese Garden where PMAP showed off his IR prowess.

IMG_13265
Bitten by the Korean bug :)

IMG_13273
Playing around with my camera's settings

IMG_13294
Thought this was a shrine until I got closer and saw that it was a grave.

IMG_13302
My successful attempt at photostitching!Ü

Our last stop was supposed to be one of the falls found in Cavinti, Laguna but when we asked around how to get there we got discouraged. According to one of the people there, we had to walk down 700 steps to get to the bottom of the falls. 700 steps?!? I don't mind the going down part but think about going up 700 steps?! While carrying my gear?! Next stop, please!Ü

It was still early and we still have not satisfied our hunger to shoot. I suggested going to Laiya, Batangas for some rocks and waters shots with a sunset. I forgot that on that side of Batangas, the sun sets behind a mountain. :( We still had some good shots and Karen even met one of her old classmates staying in La Luz.

HDR La Luz Rocks
HDR

IMG_13359
La Luz's cottages at night

IMG_13360
Candy and Karen

It was a long day for all of us but it was all good. Thank you Photography Master Aaron Paggabao and Ultimate Master and Lord Drin Collantes for the lessons and for sharing some of your tips to me.

No comments: