Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sigma 70-300mm APO DG MACRO

At last! I was able to upgrade my DSLR and bought a Sigma 70-300mm APO DG MACRO lens! I plan to use it for Ryan's wedding and luckily, I have 2 weddings to attend prior to his because Randy and I get to be his unofficial photographers. I was quite hesitant to buy it at first when I went to JT Photoworld Thursday last week but I also wanted to practice using the lens so that I can be more comfortable using it. After checking it out Thursday morning to see if the lens they had at Chino Roces was good or not, I went home first to see the result on a bigger screen. I initially thought that the lens they had there was not sharp because the pictures I took we soft. Then I thought that they could just be camera shake because the shutterspeed that I had when I took them was way below the lens' length. Before going to the CC2 Leadership Team GA held at Red Box, Greenbelt 3, I went to JT Photoworld to have a second look at the lens and eventually bought the darn thing! I could not resist the temptation of using it during the GA! :D So far so good! Been getting good shots with it. It was great to be with my bosses and my colleagues having fun outside the office so I was quite relaxed when I took their photos. I also took several shots the morning after as soon as I got home from work to see if I can take good hand held photos. Here are some of the photos I took using the lens and I have to say that I am really pleased with it. Note: These shots are RAW (unedited) except for some Red eye reduction/elimination. :)


CC2 Leadership Team GA


Test Shot at Home

No comments: