Monday, March 10, 2008

"I.T." Bonding at Bataan and Corregidor

IMG_11857Another road trip right after the Panagbenga was something my co-team leads planned spontaneously. Before I went to Baguio, my "I.T." (I.T. - Iwas Trabaho) friends wanted to go out while they still had the same days off. It was only I who had a different schedule but I didn't want to pass up the chance to go to Bataan and Corregidor because I haven't been to Bataan and the last time I went to Corregidor was MANY years ago on one of our high school field trips. Luckily, my application for leave was approved. :)

We first went to Mount Samat where the Dambana ng Kagitingan (Shrine of Valor) can be seen. It was cloudy when we got there so I was not able to get good shots of the cross but we still managed to have some fun while we were there.

IMG_11838
IMG_11842IMG_11865
The towering cross atop Mount Samat and some scultures found at its base.

We went up the cross and had a glimpse of what the view was at that altitude.

IMG_11854

IMG_11853
Moment factor

IMG_11859
F."I.T. Five (Fabulous "I.T." Five)

The following day, we woke up early and prepared for our trip to Corregidor via a banca (small fisherman's boat). I had to borrow Master Aaron's dry bag so I can ride the banca at ease knowing that my camera is safe from getting wet.Ü

Here are some the photos I took in Corregidor.

IMG_11879
Cannon-ICE-d

IMG_11880
Master Doods taking a photo of our top super model, Shen-Shen

IMG_11967
F."I.T." Trio - TL Ice, TL Jun-Jun and TL Joems

IMG_11885IMG_11964
IMG_12007IMG_11974IMG_11995

IMG_12019
Malinta Tunnel

IMG_11945IMG_11958IMG_11952

Thanks to our "I.T." head Doods "Rick" Nario and his parents for allowing us to stay at their home in Mariveles, Bataan. Doods' parents were so accommodating during our stay that Senyora Ice was already begging to be adopted!Ü Tita Zeny cooked us hearty meals with her famous adobo! Yummy! It was also there that I discovered a very delicious dessert made by Tita Zeny. Sliced banana with caramle syrup! It was just a simple dish of sliced banana covered with caramel. The caramel had the right consistency that it did not make the banana slices crunchy to the bite. TL Jun-Jun fell in love with the dessert so much that he did not even share it with us when we took some home with us. Thank you guys! I had such a blast! Until the next time!

IMG_11862

2 comments:

Mich said...

wow as in wow, i love the photos! :)

Pacs Pacunayen said...

thanks mich! still waiting for my chance to see palawan. :)