Thursday, March 20, 2008

Boracay 2008 (Day 2)

We woke up early for our wonderful breakfast of tapa and tocino courtesy of Club Ten. It was a good way to start our second day. Our second day was what I would call our adventure day in Boracay. For Php1300, we went on a boat ride going to Crystal Cove. A nice, small island with a nice view of the open sea and two underwater caves. On our way there, Karen got scared because of the waves. I even told her that the boat ride was a little similar to what I experienced the last time I went to Corregidor. The difference was, the waves in Boracay were less rough compared to Corregidor. :) I was not able to get inside the first cave because the way down was a little narrow considering my size and my camera gear. According to Karen, the first cave was a little scary because it was dark and the waves were really splashing hard that they were not allowed to swim even with a life saver on. We walked around the island to get to the second cave. Inside the second cave, there was an even smaller one that you would have to crouch to get inside but we were not that adventurous so we just stayed near the mouth of the cave.Ü

IMG_12271
IMG_12274
A couple shots of the view above Cave 1

IMG_12129
View from the stairwell going down to Cave 1 (The closest I could get Ü)

IMG_12137IMG_12139
IMG_12140
On our way to Cave 2 (Prepare for a long walk under the sun)

IMG_12280
Cave 2 (Click on the picture to see the note on the entrance to the smaller cave)

IMG_12144
On our way back to the boat

We then headed to the snorkelling site and it was like a small port when we got there. I guess the other tourists also thought that it was a good time to go snorkelling. :)

IMG_12148IMG_12150
Karen having fun swimming with the fishes

IMG_12152IMG_12155
Ice cream sold in the middle of the sea for Php40

We got back just in time for lunch and we ate at Big Mamas Pinoy Hot Pot and Grill. Unfortunately for Karen, they were serving grilled food only during dinner. After lunch and a short break, we then went on a buggy ride heading to Mount Luho for a view of Boracay from above. We were supposed to ride an ATV but Karen was not up to driving so we settled for a buggy. We were supposed to go a butterfly farm as well but we opted to stay longer in Mount Luho and forego the butterfly farm. I was hoping to get some sunset shots there but since it was still early, the sun was still too high for sunset shots.

IMG_12284
Sunset at Mount Luho

IMG_12166IMG_12168IMG_12173
The other side of Boracay

IMG_12286IMG_12162
IMG_12293
IMG_12176IMG_12178IMG_12181
Some of our photos

IMG_12180
Love this quote

IMG_12186
Nice little bugger, I mean, buggies :) (Cost: Php2300)

How else would we cap our day but with a dinner at Jonah's with the fruit shake! We knew we made the right choice to have dinner as soon as we tasted the pasta and the pizza. :)

IMG_12303IMG_12305IMG_12310
IMG_12309
Yummy Pizza from Jonah's

I was not going home without getting a henna tattoo. I think I got bit by the henna bug way too much, though. :)

IMG_12317

On our third day, we did not do much since we would be leaving Boracay by noon. We just spent the day with another Jonah's fruit shake. Karen went swimming for a few minutes while I had my henna tattoo retouched.Ü

We had a wonderful time in Boracay. It really is different when you are out on a trip and enjoying the beautiful scenery. My only regret was that Boracay has become too commercialized. The stores/stands found near the beach is quite alright. They do provide some sort of accessibility when it comes to the needs of the tourists. What I do not like are the people who keep on appraching you selling stuff like sunglasses or souvenir wood carvings. These people made me feel like I was walking around in Greenhills where a guy just walks towards me asking me if I would like to buy some DVDs. It is a little difficult to enjoy the beach atmosphere when these "entrepreneur" keep on interrupting your relaxing beach moments. :(

If you are after going out and having fun at night on a beach setting, then Boracay is one of the places you are looking for. However, if you would like to have a relaxing time on the beach, you might be better off going to some other beach/island/province.

5 comments:

F L E X said...

I LOVE THE TATTOO! WICKED!

Pacs Pacunayen said...

Thanks Flex! It's almost gone now not because its fading. My skin started peeling earlier than expected. hehe

Tip: When going to Boracay, get a henna tattoo first before getting sunburned. :)

Regards to CJ!

Pacs Pacunayen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mich said...

Overcrowded na nga ang boracay. sayang. I hope they could still save it though. What I just want there is that "walang pakealamanan" right? I hope it's still that way. Nice photos talga! ;)

Boracay Hotels said...

Wow great, lovely photos. Where did you stay in boracay, is it good facilities there???



Tanya Gemarin