Sunday, July 29, 2007

Double Header

Last night Karen and I went to Festival Mall to watch Ouija and The Simpsons Movie. I'm more of a feel good movie king of guy and horror flicks are really not my thing. Not since I saw The Exorcist (Director's cut) that I started to get scared of horror flicks. hehe However, Karen loves watching thses kinds of flicks and I thought why not give her a chance. The trailers of Ouija looked good to me and I like the cast. I won't go into the details of the movie but kudos to the cast and crew because I found it to be a nice movie. I got scared while watching but somehow I was not really as scared as I thought I would be in the movie house. Watching a horror movie with other people can sometimes take the scare out of you. I found it a little funny when the audience would scream when the ghosts are about to appear. Still I found Ouija to be more than I expected it to be. I would recommend this movie.

Of course wouldn't let myself go to sleep with the images of Quija in my mind. How else would you do this but by watching another movie. A comical nonsense movie like The Simpsons Movie. Its not really all nonsense. Just like your typical Simpsons show on TV, it tries to teach some morals but is more often than not twisted by the writers of the show. It had a lot of laughs but I also felt that some of the jokes were not as funny. Maybe its me and I would buy its DVD but not as eagerly as waiting for the Transformers DVD. I felt they were trying so hard to make the movie last more than 30 mins in order to make it into a movie. I guess I'll just stick to the Simpsons TV Show. :)

1 comment:

Mich said...

wow, 2 movies in a row!? how i wish Hubby and I could still do that. Nowadays, kahit 1 movie, hindi pa namin magawa. LOL!