Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A new post on a new layout

After some time I have finally changed the layout of my blog! I guess its because I have not been able to update my blog lately and I missed it so much that I decided to give it a new look! Thanks to the people at blogspot who makes these templates, I found something new that I liked. Well, it may have been there for quite some time but its new to me.Ü

So much has happened both in and out of the office at the end of March to kick start April. Of course, its a new quarter which means its again time to plan on the things that the company wants to achieve in quarter 2 and how to achieve them. Last March 26-27, Site Makati had its first ever Site planning session. This was the first time that a planning session was done per site. It used to be just the Shift Managers and Operations Managers together with some TLs who met up to discuss what to do in the coming quarter. Personally, I believe having the planning session per site is better since gives a sense of accountability for the Team Leaders in reaching the goals of the company and the program. We discussed a lot of things such as action plans and initiatives and although it sounds like too much work and so much stress, we still made it fun by having some ice breakers and small chats with co-TLs. I even won a Starbucks GC when my team (composed of TL Joems, Darrel, Gerry, Doods, Sephy, Dennis, Gerry, Noe, and me) won the charades ice breaker. I also made it into a small photo op since it was very seldom that the Makati leaders got together in one room. Not to mention some of them came straight from shift.


Shift Amel


Shift Jerome


Boss Jerome, Amel and Ycel (was using the Sigma kaya nag-blur na pagdating kay Boss Jerome)


Boss Amel posing while discussing a CLCA


Here's to the good times! Cheers to coffee!)


Bolang bilog... Wag tutulog tulog...


Boss Vic Sotto and Joy Cancio


Da Bodyguards

Of course, what should be done after a gruelling week of work? Go out with Allan and Selle for another photo op! Selle, Allan and I went to the Salcedo weekend market last March 31. For Selle, it was a chance to do a little shopping, err, marketing for her gourmet dishes. I wanted to take Karen with us but we had a little "drama"-tization that time. Randy also dropped by to look around and have breakfast as well as Resty, before opening their studio. We ordered food at Ineng's. I could not resist the smell of barbecue when we passed by their stall. I no longer took a picture of what we ate because I was already starving! I visit to Salcedo weekend market would not be complete without buying cakes from Symphony Sweets Gourmet Desserts! I asked Selle and Allan for help in filling up their promo card so we can avail of the free Php120 cake or a discount of the same amount. 7 stamps/punch holes left guys! Maybe this weekend I'll ask Selle to buy me some cakes. I have to say that all of the cakes Karen and I ordered have yet to fail our taste buds. The cakes are really delicious, especially the ice cakes. So far we've ordered the mud pie, turtle pie, mango pie and the tiramisu. Maybe I'll try the cookies and cream next and a slice of the supermoist chocolate cake or the tiramisu, again!Ü Selle was even greeted by the people at Symphony Sweets! They were able to see her blog talking about their cakes on one of her posts. I couldn't find that post as of this writing. I'll ask Selle for the link and I'll update this post to include it here. Allan and I were so engrossed in taking photos of the items for sale that we made walked several times around the place. We even saw a colleague, Joel walking around and I think I saw him at least thrice while doing my rounds. I also thought of leaving because there were more people coming and the place was starting to get crowded.


Symphony Sweets Gourmet Desserts (Oh... My sweet tooth!Ü)


Castanas


Enticing fruits


Flowers for youÜ


Spices


Got Meat?

For me, I was also wasting some more time before going to Serendra and buy Karen's long overdue birthday gift, Havaianas Cartunistas. Selle mentioned that they had new stocks that week so I was hoping that they would still have stocks because Mich mentioned on my last blog that she went to All Flip-Flops at Serendra and there were already a lot of designs that were out of stock! I thought that they opened at around 10am and since I really had nothing else to do at Salcedo anymore, Selle, Resty, Randy and Allan already went home, I decided to just wait in the car for them to open. Before I go on, I would like to mentioned that this all happened after my 8pm-5am shift. I got to Fort Bonifacio at around 9am and tried to get some sleep until 10am but it was kind of difficult because the sky was so clear and the sun was shining her happy rays on me that my sleep was regularly interrupted due to the heat. I stepped out of the car around 945am to check if All Flip-Flops was already open or at least the employees were already preparing for work. Lucky me, they were still closed. I waited in front of their shop until 1015am to no avail! During this time I was really starting to get pissed off due to the lack of sleep and my energy level was really running low. I just kept saying to myself that I am doing this for Karen so deal with it! I took a short stroll and noticed Coffee Bean. However, as luck was again on my side, they were still closed during that time. WTF?!? You're still closed at 10am?!? Good thing their tables were already set outside so I just sat there while waiting for All Flip-Flops to open. When Coffee Bean opened, I ordered an Ice Blended Mocha to perk me up a bit. All Flip-Flops finally opened passed 11am and I immediately entered the store to check out if they had Karen's size for the Cartunista and they did! Luck was finally on my side. I also wanted to give her another pair besides the Cartunistas and I decided to have a look around the store to check out the new designs. Thinking about it, I found it funny since I looked like a kid lost inside a toy store going back and forth on the different designs. I said to myself, "Pambihira, para na akong si Selle at si Karen kapag nandito ah! Nakakahilo pala talaga!" hehehe They had a lot of new designs that even I had trouble picking out which one to give Karen. After probably an hour or so of checking out the designs and if they had her size, I finally got her the beige Baroque. I was already happy that it was done! All that's left now is how to surprise her. I decided to cover the Havaianas bag with my jacket making it look like that it fell on the car floor. When I already picked Karen up to go to our house, I was happy to see the look on her face when she saw the 2 pairs of Havaianas I bought for her. A mixture of shock, happiness, amazement and doubt. It made all the hardships worth it knowing that she was happy! (Di mo pa nai-momodel sakin sila para mailagay ko dito sa blog ko. hehe) I love you Love!Ü

Then, on April 1-2, my cousin's beauty parlor had an outing and they invited us to join them. We went to Pansol, Laguna and I have to say that the place was ok. It was a bit small but it was enough for us. Of course they had a swimming pool with a jacuzzi. Not the one with the bubbles and all but it served the same purpose, hot water just for dipping. The usual unlimited karaoke was also there but they have a billiard table at the third floor. I'm not really a homophobic and nothing really against the gay community but I am a straight guy I think I am still one of those conservative people who are not used to seeing men wearing skimpy women clothes. AND DID I MENTION THAT THEY WORE TWO-PIECE BIKINIS WHILE SWIMMING IN THE POOL?!? Again, I beg the gay community forgiveness on my expression and the shock. Dinaig pa nila yung mga kaibigan kong babae pagdating sa swim wear! And it is this feeling of awkwardness that also made me unable to take pictures of them singing and dancing with my cousin, Ate Charis and my mom. I felt like the guy on SkyCable's commercial wherein he was about to hook up with a hot female when she saw the guy's car, she sounded like a real man! hehe However, I did take a couple of pictures of the private resort. Check them out.


Enjoying the view?Ü


The Pool


The billiard table (That's my dad taking a shot)


My Mom having a smoke

After a days rest, it was again time for Karen and I to go back to Pansol, Laguna! This time, it was Shift Amel's Q2 planning session and Boss Amel was kind enough to allow Karen to join us together with Selle, a representative for my team as my team L2. Although, Selle had to go home right after the meeting because she was not able to bring clothes. According to her, I did not inform her that it was an overnight thing and Resty was also not aware so he asked her to go home as well. Sorry Selle but I really recall saying that it would be an overnight thing. We, the TLs, would also not agree if it was only a 12hr stay! hehe It was a blast having fun with these guys. Some of their agents who were on days off also join us after the planning session. Ads was very entertaining and was a one man show especially after dinner with his wonderful rendition of Ricky Martin's Livin La Vida Loca (or was he singing William Hung's version). Peace Ads! Too bad our poker night plan went kaput when some of our players went to bed early.


Ads the songer


Jerah! Bawal ang alcoholic drink sa mga menor de edad!Ü


Shift Amel Planning Session


Aprub!


I was also able to take a photo of the full moon that night!

The most recent event that happened in my life occured last Sunday, April 8. It was the first time I met Karen's little brother, Karl. I wouldn't really call him little brother now cause he's a lot bigger than Karen. Karl was on his way to Davao for his SOLAS. Not sure what it really is, though. According to Karen, it has something to do with him becoming a full fledge seaman. He and his team would be swimming 2kms for this and they came to Manila for a stop over from Palawan to Caticlan then to Manila before going to Davao. Weird isn't it? Palawan is way closer to Davao than Manila so why go here first? Anyways, it was good that they stopped over in Manila since they got to see each other. Eventhough, he only had 4hrs to stay, we tried to make the most out of it by going to SM Manila for lunch and have a short walk inside the mall. We accompanied him in buying his slippers and some perfume before he leaves. I was only able to take one photo of them because I did not want to be hassled by security guards inside the mall asking me question about me taking pictures of their mall. I also did not want them to look like a "shanong" tourists who loves to have their pictures taken inside the mall.Ü Only wish Kuya Kirby was around.

Until the next outing or photo op! Which ever comes first. I still have to post the two weddings I attended last March! I wish I can slow down time so I can finish editing their photos.Ü

I also want to wish everyone a Happy Easter! May the Lord shower us more with his overflowing Love and grace. May we also follow his teachings and be mindful of our sins.Ü

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pacs,

Thank you for that heartwarming comments. I am glad you like our products. Thanks to Selle also. See you around.

Ken